Wow, crack_van is closing. End of an era.
This news and that tag are both making me feel like I’ve been punched in the griefbone.
Those of us who still know what that means. I salute you all, you geezers. Let’s throw some kids off our lawns in somber celebration. We shall see others rise and fall, but none that were simultaneously the best and worst as LJ.
*hunger games salute*
writing original stuff is so much harder than fanfiction, I swear.
dorado-supernova asked: Hi! I was just wondering, who are your favorite fanfic writers for the Supernatural fandom? I really admire you as a writer and I was just wondering if you had any authors you can recommend :) i'm a big fan!! <3<3
Thank you so much! I can totally recommend some people and fics. I read primarily off AO3, so most of the links go to the author’s pages there. This is far from a complete list of my faves just a good sampler of what I like.
For scorchingly hot Wincest, you can’t go wrong with BewaredtheIdes15.
If you like gentle, slow build BDSM, Dean/Cas then you should definitely try Carry On by TamrynEradani.
Anything by Annie D is worth a read.
Omphalos’ Ghost Dance was my introduction to Dean/Castiel and it still sticks with me.
Like a rare pair? Me too. Sam/Castiel strikes a real chord with me and nothing does it better than portraitofafool’s Wings of Black, Brown and Grey.
And my absolute favorite SPN fic, probably one of my favorite fics of all time:
The Last Outpost of All that Is by gekizetsu. It happens to be Wincest, but that’s almost beside the point. It’s goddamn beautiful.
sosogoodinblue asked: There's Breakfast Club fanfic?!
Oh sweet lord, you mean I get to introduce someone to something awesome? YAY!
There are three fics in particular that I absoutly love, all Brian/Bender:
Higher Education by First off, Resonant is probably one of the best writers in fandom period. Second of all, this story is everything I ever wanted for John Bender. It’s his story and it’s totally believable continuation of the movie.
Most Likely To by - This is more Brian’s story and again, a totally believable story of how things would go for Brian the Brain.
state of imaginary grace by - This is a lovely Christmas story and while it’s a little less in tone with the movie, its got its own wonderful voice.
What’s your favorite small fandom?
Reblog and let us know!
Breakfast Club. There is never enough Bender/ Brian fic
DVD Commentary: Social Experimentation
List 10 books that have stayed with you. Don’t think about it too hard, they just have to be books that have touched you. Feel free to tag me, so I’ll see your list.
1. The Neverending Story, Michael Ende
2. The Master and Margarita, Mikhail Bulgakov
3. Pride and…
1. The Chronicles of Amber, Roger Zelazny
2. The Dark is Rising, Susan Cooper
3. Crime and Punishment, Fyodor Dostoevsky
4. The Stand, Stephen King
5. Wild Cards, edited by George R. R. Martin
6. The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, Stephen R. Donaldson
7. Dragonriders of Pern, Anne McCaffrey
8. Good Omens, Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett
9. A Wind In the Door, Madeleine L’Engle
10. The Sarantine Mosaic, Guy Gavriel Kay
1. Imajica by Clive Barker
2. Cat’s Eye by Margaret Atwood
3. Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L’Engle
4. American Gods by Neil Gaiman
5. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
6. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
7. Fear and Trembling by Soren Kirkegaard
8. The Design of Everyday Things by Donald Norman
9. Damia by Anne McCaffery
10. Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norell by Susanna Clarke